qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Hacking QEMU to use a real video card

From: Anthony de Almeida Lopes
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Hacking QEMU to use a real video card
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 12:30:38 +0200

I was curious if anyone thinks that it may be possible to get a KVM-patched QEMU to use a real video card? For example, let's say I had a second video card. Is QEMU a codebase which would support hacking in the ability to utilize this second video card? And in the situation of a laptop, would it be possible to boot the host Linux in a way that it would not utilize the video card, but get a qemu guest to use it?
Theoretically, there's no reason this isn't possible, right?

Thanks,
-  Tony