qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: [kvm-devel] FreeBSD image hangs during boot

From: Aurelien Jarno
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: [kvm-devel] FreeBSD image hangs during boot
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 15:47:11 +0200

Avi Kivity a écrit :
> Aurelien Jarno wrote:
>> Avi Kivity a écrit :

[snip]

>> After a few more tests, I have been able to reproduce it with the
>> current CVS version of QEMU. I conclude this is a QEMU or a BIOS
>> problem, and not a KVM one.
>>
>> Sorry for the noise.
>>

> Well, it still needs to be fixed.  I think there's a git import of qemu
> available somewhere, that can be used for bisecting.

Well the IDE code hasn't changed a lot recently, so I checked the CVS
history and easily (first test) found the commit that causes the problem:

Last AIO patch, by Vladimir N. Oleynik.

http://cvs.savannah.nongnu.org/viewvc/qemu/hw/ide.c?root=qemu&r1=1.64&r2=1.65

--
  .''`.  Aurelien Jarno             | GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73
 `. `'   address@hidden         | address@hidden