qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] QEMU keyboard issue with Gujin-2.2

From: Etienne Lorrain
Subject: [Qemu-devel] QEMU keyboard issue with Gujin-2.2
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 10:49:40 +0200 (CEST)

 Hello,

 I did more search on the keyboard problem, just posted on the forum
but here seems to be a better place:

 The GPL Gujin bootloader (http://gujin.org) is using the BIOS mouse
interface (INT 0x15/0xC2 interface) and as soon as the "set handler" service
is initialised (INT 0x15/0xC207) there is a problem with the keyboard:
uninterrupted "key present" (INT 0x16/0x01) with dummy keys are reported
to be pressed.
 This never happens with a real PC, and this even happens when the
"mouse handler" is only pointing to a "ret far", but does not happens
when this assembly service (to set the handler) is patched out of Gujin code.
 It seems that there is a problem in which handler (IRQ1/IRQ12 i.e. INT 0x9/INT
0x74)
is called out of the PS2 controller, when mouse bytes are present.
I am using the qemu part of Fedora 7.

Someone has an idea of what may happens?

I tried to patch/regenerate bochs-2.3/bios/rombios.c because I noted
that comment:
// TODO :
//
// int74
// - needs to be reworked. Uses direct [bp] offsets. (?)
but I am really unfamiliar with this codebase, and my patch (to read all
the mouse data at once on the first call) did not fix the problem.

Thanks for any information,
Etienne.