qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu vl.c vl.h hw/an5206.c hw/etraxfs.c hw/inte...

From: andrzej zaborowski
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu vl.c vl.h hw/an5206.c hw/etraxfs.c hw/inte...
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 03:35:21 +0100

Hi,

On 31/10/2007, J. Mayer <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Wed, 2007-10-31 at 01:54 +0000, Andrzej Zaborowski wrote:
> > CVSROOT:      /sources/qemu
> > Module name:  qemu
> > Changes by:   Andrzej Zaborowski <balrog>     07/10/31 01:54:05
> >
> > Modified files:
> >       .              : vl.c vl.h
> >       hw             : an5206.c etraxfs.c integratorcp.c mcf5208.c
> >                        mips_malta.c mips_mipssim.c mips_pica61.c
> >                        mips_r4k.c palm.c pc.c ppc405_boards.c
> >                        ppc_chrp.c ppc_oldworld.c ppc_prep.c r2d.c
> >                        realview.c shix.c spitz.c sun4m.c sun4u.c
> >                        versatilepb.c
> >
> > Log message:
> >       Set boot sequence from command line (Dan Kenigsberg).
>
> There have been remarks about this patch that have not been addressed
> (not even answered, in fact).  For example, the MAX_BOOT_DEVICES is set
> to 3 when more than 3 boot devices are possible to select (see the
> BOOTCHARS definition), which clearly shows the patch is not consistent.

I double-checked to make sure all remarks made on qemu-devel were
addressed, but I may have missed something. It was explained that the
default bios supports only three boot devices, on a second thought I
see how this may affect people using a non-default bios, but I guess 3
boot devices is better than only one that was possible without this
patch.

Feel free to revert if you see any issues.

> Furthermore, the patch breaks the coding style in some files (at least
> the ones I checked), which is weird.

I also tried to make sure that the original style in every file was
retained (i.e. I wrapped lines crossing 80 chars), but again I may
have missed something.

Regards