qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: emu errors for creqv,crnand,crnor,crorc ?

From: Jocelyn Mayer
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: emu errors for creqv,crnand,crnor,crorc ?
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 14:27:23 +0100

On Wed, 2007-10-31 at 12:37 +0100, Julian Seward wrote:
> Hi Jocelyn

Hi,

> I ran valgrind's ppc32 insn set tests and got the impression that
> the above insns are not correctly implemented.  It seems like 7 bits
> of CR are set to 1 and one is set to 0, when it should be the other
> way around.  Below is a simple test case.  On QEMU it prints
>
>   result is 000fc000
>
> and on a real 7447
>
>   result is 00004000
>
> Similar behaviour for creqv, crnand, crnor.  But cror, crand, crxor work
> OK.  So maybe it is related to the inverted-result-sense?  But the strange
> thing is, ~0xFC != 0x04.

Thanks for testing and for the report !
I have to admit I never did extensive test on CR operations the same way
I did for arithmetic and logical ones.
 What is strange is that 0xFC + 0x04... I will have to check all the CR
ops, I guess...
I also got a 74xx CPU at home, then I will try to compare running
step-by-step, if needed.

I'll tell you when I'll find the bug...

--
Jocelyn Mayer <address@hidden>