qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] compiling qemu on intel mac?

From: Tim Leek
Subject: [Qemu-devel] compiling qemu on intel mac?
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 10:00:33 -0400

Perhaps this question is better addressed to the users group, but after some searching there I found no help. Forgive and redirect me at your pleasure.

I'm trying to compile QEMU on an intel Mac. OSX 10.4.10 (not Leopard). The problem is that this machine comes with gcc-4.1. I used gcc_select to switch over to gcc-3.3 but that seems broken -- won't compile anything. I found some evidence on the web to indicate that pre-4.0 gcc on intel macs just doesn't work. God knows why this should be the case. I tried downloading and compiling gcc-3.3 from sources (which I've done before on Linux with success) but failed there.

So before I spend many more hours trying to suss this out. Has anyone succeeded in compiling QEMU from source on an intel Mac with a pre-4.0 gcc. If so, please give me a quick tour? I spent an hour failing and would love some help...

Tim Leek