qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu Makefile.target vl.h hw/cuda.c hw/grackle_...

From: J. Mayer
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu Makefile.target vl.h hw/cuda.c hw/grackle_...
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 23:13:36 +0100

On Thu, 2007-11-01 at 21:53 +0200, Blue Swirl wrote:
> On 11/1/07, Blue Swirl <address@hidden> wrote:
> > On 10/29/07, Jocelyn Mayer <address@hidden> wrote:
> > > CVSROOT:        /sources/qemu
> > > Module name:    qemu
> > > Changes by:     Jocelyn Mayer <j_mayer> 07/10/28 23:42:18
> > >
> > > Modified files:
> > >         .              : Makefile.target vl.h
> > >         hw             : cuda.c grackle_pci.c heathrow_pic.c ppc.c
> > >                          ppc_chrp.c ppc_prep.c
> > > Added files:
> > >         hw             : mac_dbdma.c mac_nvram.c macio.c ppc_mac.h
> > >                          ppc_oldworld.c
> > >
> > > Log message:
> > >         * sort the PowerPC target object files
> > >         * make PowerPC NVRAM accessors generic to be able to use a MacIO
> > > NVRAM
> > >           instead of the M48T59 one
> > >         * split PowerMac targets code:
> > >          - move all PowerMac related definitions and prototypes into
> > > hw/ppc_mac.h
> > >          - add hw/mac_dbdma.c, hw/mac_nvram.c and macio.c
> > >            which implements shared PowerMac devices
> > >          - define the g3bw machine in a new hw/ppc_oldworld.c file
> > >         * Fix the g3bw target:
> > >          - fix the Grackle host PCI device
> > >          - connect the Heathrow PIC to the PowerPC 6xx bus pins
> > >
> > > CVSWeb URLs:
> > > http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewcvs/qemu/Makefile.target?cvsroot=qemu&r1=1.212&r2=1.213
> > > http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewcvs/qemu/vl.h?cvsroot=qemu&r1=1.280&r2=1.281
> > > http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewcvs/qemu/hw/cuda.c?cvsroot=qemu&r1=1.16&r2=1.17
> > > http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewcvs/qemu/hw/grackle_pci.c?cvsroot=qemu&r1=1.6&r2=1.7
> > > http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewcvs/qemu/hw/heathrow_pic.c?cvsroot=qemu&r1=1.5&r2=1.6
> > > http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewcvs/qemu/hw/ppc.c?cvsroot=qemu&r1=1.34&r2=1.35
> > > http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewcvs/qemu/hw/ppc_chrp.c?cvsroot=qemu&r1=1.44&r2=1.45
> > > http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewcvs/qemu/hw/ppc_prep.c?cvsroot=qemu&r1=1.47&r2=1.48
> > > http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewcvs/qemu/hw/mac_dbdma.c?cvsroot=qemu&rev=1.1
> > > http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewcvs/qemu/hw/mac_nvram.c?cvsroot=qemu&rev=1.1
> > > http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewcvs/qemu/hw/macio.c?cvsroot=qemu&rev=1.1
> > > http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewcvs/qemu/hw/ppc_mac.h?cvsroot=qemu&rev=1.1
> > > http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewcvs/qemu/hw/ppc_oldworld.c?cvsroot=qemu&rev=1.1
> >
> > You broke sparc64-softmmu build with this patch.

I am missing something ? I rebuilt all available targets before
commiting... but I now see sparc64-softmmu seems not to be in the
available targets, which could explain I cannot check if it compiles or
not...  As it been removed by mistake ?

> I think the best solution to fix this is to put the nvram helpers to
> m48t59.h as inline functions  instead of duplicating the code in
> several places.

You mean the NVRAM_set / get_xxx ? I was to remove the definitions from
vl.h, I have to say, because those are supposed to be PowerPC (in fact
OpenHack'Ware) related hacks.
Those functions will never go in m48t59.h as they are not related with
m48t59. Apple machine don't have such a device (even if Qemu pretend it
has, this is to be removed in the days to come) but need those functions
to pass arguments to the firmware. What I needed to do (and that what I
did commit) is make those routines independant from m48t59 so I can
remove this device from ppc_chrp.c and ppc_oldworld.c and use the real
Mac nvram instead (but ppc_prep.c still uses m48t59...).

Whatever, I'll try to fix the sparc64 case as I broke it (if I found the
code ;-) ).

--
J. Mayer <address@hidden>
Never organized