qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] BUG: fxsave/fxrstor on unaligned address

From: Michal Schulz
Subject: [Qemu-devel] BUG: fxsave/fxrstor on unaligned address
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2007 15:58:00 +0100

Hello.

According to AMD docs both FXSAVE and FXRSTOR instuctions have to generate GPF
if the memory operand is not aligned on a 16-byte boundary. Qemu in contrary
does not generate such exception in this case.

Unfortunatelly, I'm not able to write proper patch since I have no experience
in hacking qemu code (it has to be most likely fixed in the
target-i386/translate.c file, around lines 6210-6237).

regards,
M.

--
Michal Schulz