qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] s390 host support

From: Ulrich Hecht
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] s390 host support
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 15:05:25 +0100

On Tuesday 13 November 2007, Bastian Blank wrote:
> Please describe the environment you work in, including compiler
> versions and patchsets.

gcc 3.3 (Hammer branch, really vintage stuff) with recent (2.18.50)
binutils. We already use gcc 4 for targets where the old one won't work
(ia64 and ppc64); maybe we should do so for s390 as well.

> The jcc fix looks like a workaround for an undescribed problem. Please
> describe this. Hmm, the comments say "for unknown reasons".

I am actually suspecting this to be a compiler bug, but I did not
investigate it further once I found that disabling it helps.

CU
Uli