qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] [RFC] Fixes for random Qemu crashes

From: J. Mayer
Subject: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Fixes for random Qemu crashes
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 11:40:06 +0100

Following the discussion about the inlining problems encountered while
compiling gcc, I tried another set of patches to address those issues.

I first moved all common definitions to osdep.h, changed the
always_inline definition into:
#define always_inline __attribute__ (( always_inline )) __inline__
(as suggested by Ben Pfaff) and added:
#define inline always_inline
It then appeared that translate-op.c did not include osdep.h. As it
seems not great that inlining would not be done in this part of the
code, I did add the include.
This patch also triggered that there are some recursive functions
declared as inline in thunk.h / thunk.c. Defining inline as
always_inline makes gcc emit an error as those functions can obviously
not be inlined.

Here are the 3 diffs, which are not too invasive. Even if gcc still emit
inlining warnings (when setting the -Winline flag), then not inlining
some functions declared as always_inline, this patch seems to allow the
PowerPC 64 target not to crash.

Please comment.

--
J. Mayer <address@hidden>