qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Breaking up vl.h

From: Paul Brook
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Breaking up vl.h
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 17:13:48 +0000

I just applied a patch that breaks up and removes vl.h

My strategy (as discussed previously) is to split the contents along
functional lines, and hardware split along bus/machine boundaries..

In order to avoid lots of little header files it makes fairly extensive use of
opaque structure pointers. This allows e.g. network and display controllers
to be prototyped in the same header without requiring all users to include
net.h and console.h.

It's not perfect, but I'm reasonably happy with how it ended up. There's some
scope for splitting things up further, but I tended to err on the size of a
few big includes.

Paul