qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] wrong bios.bin file in Ubuntu Linux 7.10 causes blue screen

From: Markus Schulz
Subject: [Qemu-devel] wrong bios.bin file in Ubuntu Linux 7.10 causes blue screen on w2k guest
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 02:08:20 -0500

Hello,

this email is just for the record. I have a Windows 2000 image that was created under Windows XP with Qemumanager40. Today I installed Ubuntu 7.10 and I thought I could just copy the file over and everything would work. But the image did not start at first, I always got a blue screen at the boot up. After some hours of trying I found out the the BIOS file on Linux was only 64KB large and the BIOS file on Windows 128KB. After I copied the file from Windows to Linux I was able to use the w2k image under Linux. I didn't find anything about this problem here or somewhere else, I'm not sure what is going on. But I hope this email may helps someone else...

Best Regards,
Markus Schulz