qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] [kvm-devel] [ kvm-Bugs-1837091 ] Keys \ and | translated in

From: SourceForge.net
Subject: [Qemu-devel] [kvm-devel] [ kvm-Bugs-1837091 ] Keys \ and | translated into w and k with fr-be keyboard
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 06:50:49 -0800

Bugs item #1837091, was opened at 2007-11-23 15:50
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=893831&aid=1837091&group_id=180599

not just the latest update.
Category: qemu
Group: None

Initial Comment:
CPU: Intel Centrino (Core2) Duo (64bit)
Guest: Any Linux distro (Windows untested)

Hello.

I have a Belgian-French keyboard layout and when I run qemu (I'm using
arguments -k fr-be) two keys are translated incorrectly inside Linux virtual
machines; key '|' (altgr+é) displays a 'k' and key '\' (altgr+<) displays a 'w'.

Here are the corresponding key layouts:

Alpha keyboard 2: Shift+2, 'é', Altgr+@
Alpha keyboard <: Shift+>, '<', Altgr+\

Only the symbols usually gotten with Altgr display the wrong symbols in the
virtual machine. They display the correct symbol in the monitor screen.

The problem is reproducible in Qemu-0.9.0 as well as in any version of KVM.