qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu hw/ppc_oldworld.c target-ppc/cpu.h target-...

From: Paul Brook
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu hw/ppc_oldworld.c target-ppc/cpu.h target-...
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 18:22:52 +0000

> Furthermore this patch was made in a brainless way, it will be reverted
> asap.
> If you think there is a bug in someone else code, submit it a patch, if
> it's cleaver and addresses a real bug (which is not the case here) it
> will be accepted and merged.

The old code before the patch is obviously broken. It's mixing 64-bit
(ppc_gpr_t) and 32-bit (target_ulong) values.

As implied by the comments aboce the definition of ppc_gpt_t, and now
explicitly in the above the definition of REGX, printing a ppc_gpr_t is
obviously not meaningful.

I don't claim that my patch is perfect, the code is still a bit of a mess.
However, unlike the original code, it is at least self-consistent, and won't
crash 64-bit hosts (The fact that it usually prints garbage rather than
crashing is an accident of the x64-64 ABI).

Paul