qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] USB performance Question

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] USB performance Question
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 10:53:46 -0500

Thanks Arnon.

USB1 works really great even for complex streaming cameras!
Although it is just very very slow.
As mentioned I only get about 10kbit/s! which is something I dont understand why.
I would have expected 1Mbit/s and could live with that.

If there are any test you want me to do please dont hesitate.

Cant wait for your USB2 implementation.
Great effort!

Arnon Gilboa wrote:
I am in the middle of coding EHCI (USB 2.0) host controller emulation.
It is supposed to support faster device speeds (480 Mbit/sec instead of
USB 1.1 speeds - 1.5 or 12Mbit/sec). I will post it on the list when it
basicly supports simple devices such as disk-on-key. Currently I still
have some major problems with the scheduling of async and periodic frame
lists.

I will check your comment regarding the speed and see what can be done.
Anway, if you want to try to solve the issue yourself, the relevant code
is in usb-linux.c (Linux host USB redirector) and the USB UHCI/OHCI
controller emulations (hw/usb-uhci.c or hw/usb-ohci.c).