qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] USB performance Question

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] USB performance Question
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 13:51:55 -0500

Streaming media for some reason behaves differently than usb disks, the latter which about always work.
To really test a USB device, is to run a camera on it.

For example a cheap Toucam Pro or such is a good start.
the cameras I am using are bit more exepensive, in the thousands, so you would not be able to get one to try.

Are you willing to give me exact debug instructions?
Such instructions can be reused by other users, so it would not be a one-off  waste.

I have just copied 138 MByte (800 files) from a disk-on-key in 75 sec. This is ~14.7Mbit/s, which is more than USB 1.1 full-speed. I have checked it using KVM and WinXP guest. With QEMU only (-no-kvm), it took 130 sec, which is ~8.5 Mbit/sec.
If you can give some info about your USB device (configurations, interfaces, endpoints etc.) and the transfers (isochronous? bulk?) , it would help in solving this issue.