qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Mac OS X build failure (qemu-img)

From: Alexander Graf
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Mac OS X build failure (qemu-img)
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 13:08:20 +0100

On Dec 12, 2007, at 12:39 PM, Andreas Färber wrote:

Am 11.11.2007 um 13:40 schrieb Andreas Färber:

Building CVS HEAD on OS X (here sparc-softmmu) currently results in unresolved symbols:

gcc-3.3 -g -o qemu-img qemu-img.o qemu-img-block.o qemu-img- block-raw.o cutils.o block-cow.o block-qcow.o aes.o block-vmdk.o block-cloop.o block-dmg.o block-bochs.o block-vpc.o block-vvfat.o block-qcow2.o block-parallels.o -lz
ld: Undefined symbols:
_CFDictionarySetValue
_CFRelease
_CFStringGetCString
_IOIteratorNext
_IOMasterPort
_IOObjectRelease
_IORegistryEntryCreateCFProperty
_IOServiceGetMatchingServices
_IOServiceMatching
___CFStringMakeConstantString
_kCFAllocatorDefault
_kCFBooleanTrue
make: *** [qemu-img] Error 1

It seems to be unrelated to Fabrice's Cocoa changes and unrelated to the AIO reversion. My guess is that the CoreFoundation framework or something needs to be linked in. Any idea which commit might have caused this or where to fix?

Any hints, anyone? Still haven't figured out where this breakage is coming from, didn't notice any relevant changes in Makefile or configure...

Andreas

Does it work if you specify "-framework CoreFoundation -framework IOKit" in your LDFLAGS? That's what was needed on my Leopard x86_64 build.

Cheers,

Alex