qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Windows build crash problem

From: 武田 俊也
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Windows build crash problem
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 01:25:11 +0900

Hi all.

I encountered the crash problem with windows build on Core-Duo host.
Qemu crashes in cpu_interrupt() called from host_alarm_handler() in vl.c
because CPUState *env = next_cpu is null.

I tried the patch to check env is not null in host_alarm_handler()
and now qemu does not crash.

        CPUState *env = next_cpu;
+       if(env) {
        /* stop the currently executing cpu because a timer occured */
        cpu_interrupt(env, CPU_INTERRUPT_EXIT);
#ifdef USE_KQEMU
        if (env->kqemu_enabled) {
            kqemu_cpu_interrupt(env);
        }
#endif
+       }
        event_pending = 1;
}

This is very temporary patch and I need to investigate
why next_cpu is null but sorry now I dont have enough time.

Thanks,
TAKEDA, toshiya