qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] ANN: DetaolB v0.7 is released

From: Christian MICHON
Subject: [Qemu-devel] ANN: DetaolB v0.7 is released
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 23:36:33 +0100

DetaolB v0.7 has been released 22nd,December 2007

http://prdownloads.sf.net/detaolb/detaolb_v07.iso (~48Mb)

DetaolB is a small size x86/uclibc distro, aimed mostly for
emulators/virtualizers (like qemu). It also runs on real hardware and
can be used on a bootable usb key (mandriva flash like).

Changelog:
- c++ is now fully supported (this is what took most of the time)
- migration to uvesafb (works fine now on real hardware!)
- iso boots now using grub4dos (this is needed for usb boot)
- x11r72 was completely rebuilt (x11r73 does not work yet)
- rox file manager added
- possible to create a bootable usb key (I need to write a tutorial on this)
- network is supported inside a qemu guest: you still need to perform
once "udhcpc"
- Rob Landley's fork of tinycc is back!
- dillo can be used for surfing once network is enabled
- many packages updated to the latest (like git & vim)
- CREDITS added (thanks to contributors!)
- foreign/custom keyboards will be in next release (sorry!)

As of today, it's now possible to compile big & complex c++ software
like firefox 2.0.0.11 ;-) [but you need xorg-dev to compile x11 apps:
I kept it for next release]

Yet, I feel this is too big to make it inside the standard iso: the
firefox squashfs is about 10Mb... I'll let vox populi decide if you
want it in the next release or not. xorg-dev is about 3Mb, so it will
be available soon.

Looking forward to get feedback on this iso and to get a wishlist for
next release.

PROGRESS, BUGS, SUGGESTIONS:
address@hidden

Last, but not least:

Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to all 3 mailing lists subscribers!

--
Christian