qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Request for Qemu bugzilla

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Request for Qemu bugzilla
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 23:09:59 +0100

Am 07.01.2008 um 21:38 schrieb Julian Seward:

Perhaps a more important question is, is there interest in making
a stable branch, tracking bugs and producing bug-fix-only releases
from the stable branch?  As is traditional in (eg) gcc, etc?  If not,
I don't think there is much point in having a bugzilla.

Bugzilla can also be used to track pending patches so that they are not forgotten and need to be re-sent.

And there are also issues (bugs and enhancements) without having a stable branch. For example, the big issue of GCC4, or now 0.9.1 is being released although it no longer builds on OSX due to missing LDFLAGS (not the main platform, I know, but seems fixable), or regressions in sparc32 emulation etc. There's not a lack of things to be tracked. Tracking those wouldn't strictly require bug-fix-only releases but it would help with the QA of the occasional releases made.

Andreas