qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Single stepping for PPC broken?

From: Marius Groeger
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Single stepping for PPC broken?
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 08:59:35 +0100 (CET)

Hello all,

I'm having problems with qemu's (-M prep, -cpu 604) handling of the
MSR_SE bit. My gdbstub can successfully step along regular code, but
qemu chokes when stepping over a branch instruction like "blr".
(Needless to say, that same gdbstub works fine on real hardware). I
tried older versions of qemu and found that the code base 8 months ago
worked fine.

I'd like to try this with Linux and gdbserver (or a native gdb) but I
don't have any boot images handy and oszoo.org seems to be down right
now.

Any ideas? Did perhaps the PPC440 additions add some regression here?
Can someone try booting Linux on qemu-system-ppc and try
gdb/gdbserver?

(I haven't been following this list lately, so please bear with me if
I missed something critical. I've searched the archives, of course,
but to no avail.)

Regards and TIA,
Marius

--
Marius Groeger <address@hidden>
SYSGO AG                      Embedded and Real-Time Software