qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu on alpha

From: Gabriele Gorla
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu on alpha
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 18:48:04 -0800 (PST)

Thiemo wrote:
> Gabriele Gorla wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I recently downloaded qemu-0.9.0 and tried to
compile
> > it on alpha.
> > I was not able to get any target to compile.
> >
> > beside tons of warning about casting pointers to
int
> > of different sizes I get the following two fatal
> > errors:
> >
> > qemu-0.9.0/target-i386/ops_template.h:278:
warning:
> > implicit declaration of function
`GOTO_LABEL_PARAM'

> > qemu-0.9.0/target-i386/translate.c:1898: error:
too
> > many arguments to function `gen_op_jnz_T0_label'
> > qemu-0.9.0/target-i386/translate.c:1900: error:
too
> > many arguments to function `gen_op_jmp_label'
> >
> > in the translate.c file the function is called
with:
> >         gen_op_jmp_label(l2);
> >
> > but in gen-op.h it is defined as:
> > static inline void gen_op_jmp_label(void)
> > {
> >     *gen_opc_ptr++ = INDEX_op_jmp_label;
> > }
> >
> > same for gen_op_jnz_T0_label
> >

> > for GOTO_LABEL_PARAM the definition is completely
> > missing from dyngen-exec.h (it is there for all
other
> > host CPUs except m68k)
> >
> > Unfortunately my understanding of the code is not
> > sufficient to do anything useful at this point.
> > I would really appreciate if someone could give me
> > hint.
>
> Current CVS has probably less broken alpha host
> support. Still, it is
> unlikely to work out of the box, fixing this
requires
> some knowledge
> of alpha assembler. (E.g. for implementing a
> GOTO_LABEL_PARAM for alpha.)

Thiemo,
thanks for your reply.

I downloaded the latest CVS snapshot. It seems to be
slightly better as I do not have to patch for 64-bit
datatypes any longer.
However it still complains about gen_op_jnz_T0_label
and gen_op_jmp_label.

I am willing to spend time trying to figure out what
is wrong but I really need a little help to understand
where to look.

thanks,
GG

Be a better friend, newshound, and