qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU static build

From: Salil Bijur
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU static build
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 18:29:31 +0530

On Jan 16, 2008 5:59 PM, Christian Ehrhardt <address@hidden> wrote:

> Salil Bijur wrote:
> > On Jan 16, 2008 4:48 PM, Mulyadi Santosa <address@hidden> wrote:
> >> Hi

> >> What do you want to do? to debug it? if yes, maybe you just want the
> >> unstripped binary? dig qemu-devel and qemu-forum.... or at least try
> >> the binary in target-i386..i believe it's unstripped. Can check it
> >> here, because my box use gcc 4.x
> >>

> > I'm trying to build qemu-system-arm so my configure command is
> > "./configure --target-list=arm-softmmu --static". I need a static
> > build to overcome dynamic library dependency issues. Doing a 'make'
> > with the above configure command breaks. I haven't found a solution on
> > the forums.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Salil
>
> I sometimes use a static build for the same reasons on ppc.
> I did not have the same issue but I usually set LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS -pthread"
> before doing configure&make.
> Maybe it's worth a try if this helps your linker to find the pthread
> functions.

Thanks - I did 'export LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS -pthread"' before configure
and it compiles further.

But there are further linker errors with respect to libasound (for
ALSA) and libSDL. This can be solved by adding -ldl, -lartsc, etc. for
every dependency of these libs but would be very tedious, especially
for libSDL. Any better solution?