qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU static build

From: Christian Ehrhardt
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU static build
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 14:20:23 +0100

Salil Bijur wrote:
On Jan 16, 2008 5:59 PM, Christian Ehrhardt <address@hidden> wrote:
Salil Bijur wrote:
On Jan 16, 2008 4:48 PM, Mulyadi Santosa <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi

On Jan 16, 2008 5:20 PM, Salil Bijur <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

I've been trying to build QEMU statically by first configuring it
using the --static option. The compiling gives me the same linker
errors as mentioned here:

I know this has been asked before but it hasn't been followed up. Any
ideas on how to fix this?
What do you want to do? to debug it? if yes, maybe you just want the
unstripped binary? dig qemu-devel and qemu-forum.... or at least try
the binary in target-i386..i believe it's unstripped. Can check it
here, because my box use gcc 4.x

I'm trying to build qemu-system-arm so my configure command is
"./configure --target-list=arm-softmmu --static". I need a static
build to overcome dynamic library dependency issues. Doing a 'make'
with the above configure command breaks. I haven't found a solution on
the forums.

Thanks,
Salil
I sometimes use a static build for the same reasons on ppc.
I did not have the same issue but I usually set LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS -pthread" before
doing configure&make.
Maybe it's worth a try if this helps your linker to find the pthread functions.

Thanks - I did 'export LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS -pthread"' before configure
and it compiles further.

But there are further linker errors with respect to libasound (for
ALSA) and libSDL. This can be solved by adding -ldl, -lartsc, etc. for
every dependency of these libs but would be very tedious, especially
for libSDL. Any better solution?

The question is if you really need SDL for your environment - if not you can just add
"--disable-sdl" and do the same with everything else e.g. alsa that is missing
but not really needed.

--

GrĂ¼sse / regards, Christian Ehrhardt
IBM Linux Technology Center, Open Virtualization