qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Adding USB Smart Card Reader in Linux Guest OS

From: ONG Johnson Sia
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Adding USB Smart Card Reader in Linux Guest OS
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 12:52:18 +0800

Hi All,

Good Day.

First, I would thank you for what you have done with QEMU.
It is a really great software.

Second, I would like to ask if there is any way I can hard
code this line in the source code,

"usb_add host:08e6:3437"

This the scenario:

+ HOST OS
        - WinXP SP2
        - LibUSB 0.1.12 installed
        - using QEMU 0.9.0 for windows
        - Gemplus Card Reader(08e6:3437)

+ GUEST OS
        - Etch by pendrivelinux

I tried to add the card reader in the QEMU console but it
gives me the error "Could not add USB device". Is there any
way I could get into debug mode? Just to check what is really
going wrong.

Thanks.

Johnson