qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [patch] s390-dis.c license

From: M. Warner Losh
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [patch] s390-dis.c license
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 11:45:10 -0700 (MST)

In message: <address@hidden>
            Stefan Weil <address@hidden> writes:
: Is GPLv3 unwanted for QEMU source code? If yes: why?
: Would it prevent inclusion of QEMU in common Linux distributions?

There's still some gplv2-only code in qemu, iirc.  As such, you can't
use gplv3 code at all since the licenses are incompatible.
gplv2-or-later is not a problem.

I seriously doubt it would prevent being included in linux
distributions.  The linux kernel, the thing that everybody says makes
linux linux, is gplv2-only right now.

Warner

: Stefan
:
: Ulrich Hecht schrieb:
: > Hi!
: >
: > Our Teenage Mutant Legal Turtles have discovered that s390-dis.c contains
: > GPLv3 code. Fortunately, the actual code has not changed since the last
: > GPLv2 binutils release, save for the license headers, so it suffices to
: > change those back to fix the problem.
: >
: > CU
: > Uli
: