qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] The linux-based system runs perfectly on vmware, but ke

From: Mulyadi Santosa
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] The linux-based system runs perfectly on vmware, but kernel panic on qemu
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 09:21:53 +0700

Hi...

Trying to deliver a help...

On Jan 17, 2008 6:50 PM, Марк Коренберг <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello developers.
>
> I'm developer of ideco software product (www.ideco-software.ru)
> and our products is run perfectly on vmware, but strange behaviour in qemu.

OK, that could means anything...

> I have qemu 0.9.0 for windows with kqemu accelerator used.

1st rule, try to reproduce the problem without kqemu at all. 2nd,
upgrade to 0.9.1, even better, try CVS version.

> i have screenshots attached. I think race condition somewhere, as the
> the bug appear in different places.

Apart from that, interesting to see that in both screen capture, call
traces (EIP) are same. Registers...AFAICT, also same. So, probably
they hit the same function..and from the EIP, it happens when landed
into kernel space.

> The scr01.bmp - string " === qwe ===" is specially inserted in script
> just before
> /sbin/hwclock --localtime --hctosys
> command after which kernel panic occurs.
> If i test this command just after kernel booting - it works fine.
> Also. our kernel doesn't support modules.

I suspect implementation of get/settimeofday somehow conflicts with
kqemu assumptions. Or it could be a bug in rtc driver of qemu. But
like I have mentioned above, it might already been fixed in latest
release.

> The scr202.bmp appear when md5 check of our system scripts failed (as
> the string "===qwe===" inserted by me)  and bash asks user to confirm
> booting:

What do you mdsum against?

Ultimate debugging could be done by dumping resulting translation,
check qemu-user and qemu-tech doc first. We'll try to help further if
you are still stuck.

regards,

Mulyadi.