qemu-devel

Re: AW: Re: [Qemu-devel] VMport patch

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: AW: Re: [Qemu-devel] VMport patch
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 17:09:42 -0600

Alexander Graf wrote:
I think it would be great to maintain compatibility with the binary-only
versions of the vm tools though.

But you're changing the semantics of the x86 instruction set. You potentially break a real operating system. It also eliminates the possibility of nesting with something like kqemu because you can't trap all PIO operations.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Regards,

Alex