qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] WE NEED GCC 4 please

From: Mulyadi Santosa
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] WE NEED GCC 4 please
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 10:39:08 +0700

Hi...

If I may jump into the pool...

> I plan to work around the MinGW issue by guarding the offending part by
> "#ifdef GCC...", even if I have been told that it works only by chance
> (but it works, whereas any other option I tried does not).

Ehm, should we better wait a bit for fabrice to complete his code code
generator? then we can be freed (totally?) from gcc version
dependency? it's not that I ignore people's effort to make qemu gcc4
compatible...but I just think it will save us from more work in the
future (making it always gcc 3 compatible) and thus progress to more
demanding area like truly support SVM/VT,  better SMP and so on.

just 2 cents opinion...

regards,

Mulyadi.