qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Common Xen/KVM patchqueue repository?

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Common Xen/KVM patchqueue repository?
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 08:59:07 -0600

Samuel Thibault wrote:
Hello,

Hi Samuel,

We were wondering whether it could be useful to have e.g. a git
repository holding the patches from Xen and KVM: while they are being
merged upstream, they could at least be shared by both projects...

KVM currently maintains a git tree of it's QEMU changes so unfortunately, things aren't nicely separated into patches. As you may have noticed, I've posted the core KVM support patches and I'm hoping we can merge them pretty soon.

I am then going to follow up and try to get the remainder of the patches merged. In the short term, we will probably continue maintaining a git tree against QEMU as a staging repository but I hope that we can regularly sync up (just like we do with Linux). In the long term, I'd like KVM not to maintain a QEMU tree at all.

In a broader sense, I know there are concerns about patches getting missed on qemu-devel. I don't think the solution is to maintain a separate patch queue, but to get the patches merged more quickly in the first place.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Samuel