qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] PS/2 mouse support for FC4 guest broken in QEMU 0.9.1

From: andrzej zaborowski
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] PS/2 mouse support for FC4 guest broken in QEMU 0.9.1
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 04:15:52 +0100

On 21/01/2008, Even Rouault <address@hidden> wrote:
> Thanks for the tutorial on how to use git bisection ;-)
> In fact, whatever version control system you use, I think you spend most of
> time recompiling and testing stuff...
>
> Anyway, on the core problem I'm pointing out, does someone have any clue on
> what should be done ? Should the revision 1.24 of
> hw/pckbd.c ("QEMU keyboard issue with Gujin-2.2") be reverted ? Is there a way
> to get FC4 to work again, and "Gujin" at the same time ? Is the patch of
> revision 1.24 the right fix for Gujin and another additionnal fix is required
> for the FC4 issue (presumably related to Linux kernel version 2.6.11) or
> should it be reverted and a better fix found for Gujin ?

I have no clue about ps2 but seeing as redirecting the command from
kbd to mouse (0 -> 1 in the kbd_queue call) fixes the keyboard issue
for Gujin, but breaks mouse, the obvious conclusion is that the
command should not be done for either kbd or mouse.  Can you try with
line 214 (previously line 207) simply removed?  If you can test also
how that affects Gujin that would be even better.

Cheers