qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: 2.6.24 says "serial8250: too much work for irq4" a

From: H. Peter Anvin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: 2.6.24 says "serial8250: too much work for irq4" a lot.
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 13:36:05 -0800

Blue Swirl wrote:

If you look at the patch, there are no timing dependencies; the only
parameter is the depth of the virtual queue.  The exhaustion is
completely controlled by target OS access patterns.

Thanks, this clarified the difference. But I'll rephrase my original comment:

The patch looks OK, but the simulated FIFO exhaustion should benefit
all devices, as
discussed here:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2007-12/msg00283.html

The difference is you *can't* do that in a general layer.

        -hpa