qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] What does code_copy_enabled do?

From: Ian Jackson
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] What does code_copy_enabled do?
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 12:59:42 +0000

Johannes Schindelin writes ("Re: [Qemu-devel] What does code_copy_enabled do?"):
> On Tue, 12 Feb 2008, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > At the very least we need one drcs branch containing only changes from
> > the upstream cvs.  It has to be incrementally updated, automatically
> > and frequently, and generally be well maintained.
>
> FWIW on this very list, there have been enough hints where you can find
> such a thing, and it is not even private.

I've seen two people mention git mirror urls.

They contain different incompatible histories because they're
generated separately.  The problem isn't that we don't have a git
mirror of cvs.  The problem is that we need to have exactly _one_.

And if we're going to have exactly one then it has to be reliable.
That doesn't mean some mirror url found in a search engine.

It means a site whose operators we know, and whose operators have
shown some evidence of a commitment to keep it working, and whom we
can contact them if it breaks.  It means that the the update frequency
is published.  It means someone who has some connection with the qemu
community so that we can expect them to care about it.

If we have that then everyone can expect to pull from it and not
commit to a workflow that might suddenly become untenable.

Ian.