qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Release: VMKnoppix for x86(20080213)

From: Atsushi SAKAI
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Release: VMKnoppix for x86(20080213)
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 19:26:02 +0900

Suzaki-san

  I think your report is coming from your mis-understanding qemu on Xen.

 On Xen, qemu is just working as device mapper on HVM.
and it runs on dom0.
http://www.xen.org/files/summit_3/stub-xensummit-sept06.pdf#page=3

And it also applied many patches for qemu on Xen
(see tools/ioemu/patches on Xen package)
So It is natural Xen-hypervisor and Dom0 works fine,
and HVM cannot boot.
At this point your bug report is real bug report or
your missing is unknown.

You should comment on your qemu build environment.
(Qemu0.9.1 + above Xen patches applied or not)

Anyway, I want to know the real problem or not.

Thanks
Atsushi SAKAI

snip