qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Patch for compiling with GCC 4

From: Christian Roue
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Patch for compiling with GCC 4
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 21:22:32 +0100

Well, I somehow felt like it was a bit brutal and probably fixing the
symptoms which is apparently the case.
Looking more carefully, compile fails in :
sh4-linux-user for function op_cmp_str_T0_T1
gcc optimization leads to a ret followed by a last assignement with a jump back.
I guess dyngen hopes to find function epilogue as the last bytes.
It's apparently the only function where it happens.

I found that adding gcc option "-fno-tree-dominator-opts" for sh4
target avoids this (I suppose) unwanted optimization.
It may be a bit brutal again ( disabling too many optims or wrong ones).
May be the op_cmp_str_T0_T1 function can be rewritten to something
that avoids this optimization.
Am I on a better track ?

Bye
Chris.