qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-system-sparc and Solaris 1.1.2 / SunOS 4.1.4

From: Robert Reif
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-system-sparc and Solaris 1.1.2 / SunOS 4.1.4
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 20:45:27 -0500

Jan Holzhueter wrote:

Hi everyone,
we are planing to get rid of some old sparc hardware.
The problem is that there are applications on it that require
sun4m and Solaris 1.1.2 / SunOS 4.1.4.
As known qemu-system-sparc is not able to boot the Solaris Kernel at
the moment.

I get as far as:
  [sparc] Booting file 'cdrom' with parameters ''
Not a bootable ELF image
Not a Linux kernel image
Not a bootable a.out image
Not a bootable ELF image
Not a Linux kernel image
Loaded 7680 bytes
entry point is 0x4000
Jumping to entry point...
checksum 60746d10 != 86693bac, trying to boot anyway
Unhandled Exception 0x00000007
PC = 0x002002bc NPC = 0x002002c0
Stopping execution

My question is how far away are you form getting it to work
and in what time frame could it be done?

This is a bigger project for us. So it might even be possible
( nothing confirmed yet I have to check back with some people  )
to donate some money to get it to work.
It doesn't need to work for all Solaris. We just need Solaris 1.1.2.
If someone needs some installation Medium or feedback let me know.

Greetings
Jan Holzhüter

This may be an openbios issue.  Changing openbios boot.c cdrom
oldpath to sd(0,2,0):d gets past this error but it still doesn't boot.