qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Keymap selection not working properly

From: Thomas Petazzoni
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Keymap selection not working properly
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 14:51:21 +0100

Hi,

I'm using Qemu 0.9.0 on Kubuntu, and I have issues with the keymap
selection:

 * When KDE is configured with the French keyboard, then in Qemu, the
   keymap is English (qwerty) ;

 * When KDE is configured with the French keyboard, and Qemu is run
   with "-k fr", then the keymap remains in English (qwerty) in Qemu ;

 * When KDE is configured with the English keyboard, and Qemu is run
   with "-k fr", then the keymap in Qemu is French (azerty).

So, something seems to be going wrong.

Moreover, the documentation says that the -k option should not be
needed on PC/Linux hosts. But I can see on a PC/Linux host that the
qemu keymap is not the same as the system keymap.

How can I fix that ?

Thanks,

Thomas
--