qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] vmwarevga regression (broken with two Linux and FreeBSD gue

From: Juergen Lock
Subject: [Qemu-devel] vmwarevga regression (broken with two Linux and FreeBSD guests)
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 22:10:24 +0100

Hmm.  Looks like the latest vmwarevga commits broke *ix/xorg guests.
I tested the 2008-03-11 cvs snapshot with
sidux-2008-01-200803010113-nyx_pre1-kde-lite-i386.iso (debian sid based
Linux livecd) and FreeSBIE-2.0.1-RELEASE.iso (FreeBSD based livecd),
on sidux xorg said:

(WW) ****INVALID MEM ALLOCATION**** b: 0xf0000000 e: 0xf07fffff correcting

 and the xserver display was garbage, and on FreeSBIE xorg didn't even
start, showing a similar complaint. (both with Driver "vmware" in xorg.conf)
Do the latest commits need a bios update maybe?

 Anyway, a 2008-03-02 snapshot works (now committed as FreeBSD qemu-devel
port), at least for these two guests (I don't have a windows guest here atm.)
FreeSBIE even was able to attach ed0 (the default ne2kpci nic) as well as
the emulated es1370 soundcard, which didn't work previously when using
vmwarevga.

 Just thought I'd mention... :)
        Juergen