qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Are VM snapshots on Ubuntu host compatible with Fedora

From: David Barrett
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Are VM snapshots on Ubuntu host compatible with Fedora host?
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 22:09:19 -0700

Good idea, but no luck -- same failure.

Mulyadi Santosa wrote:
Hi..

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 7:59 AM, David Barrett <address@hidden> wrote:
Should I be able to use "loadvm" on one computer to load a VM snapshot
 created with "savevm" on another?

 Essentially, I've got my image working great on a local box (dual CPU
 Ubuntu), and  I've got qemu working on one of my servers (quad CPU
 Fedora Core 4), so I've uploaded the guest image to the server and tried
 to start it.  Unfortunately, it reliably spits out the following:

  > qemu -nographic -serial vc -smb qemu -kernel-kqemu -localtime -m 512
 -monitor stdio -loadvm boot winxp.qcow2

Fast advice, try to take out "-kernel-kqemu" and check if it helps somehow.

regards,

Mulyadi.