qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] A bug of running existing windows xp from x86 64 linux

From: Jie Zhang
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] A bug of running existing windows xp from x86 64 linux host
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 16:06:18 +0800

Sergey Bychkov wrote:
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jie Zhang" <address@hidden>
I'm trying to run an existing windows xp (32 bit) partition in qemu on a x86 64 bit linux host. I always got

A disk read error occurred
Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart

when qemu starts.

Maybe, You should show qemu command line first?

I use the following command line:

sudo qemu -hda /dev/sda -m 512

I can see the grub, but cannot boot into windows xp because of the disk read error. It's weird that the same command line works on my AMD64 pc, although qemu crashed when I passed "-d in_asm" to it.

Thanks,
Jie