qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU/KVM SCSI lock up

From: Matteo Frigo
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU/KVM SCSI lock up
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 07:18:50 -0400

Avi Kivity <address@hidden> writes:

> Will that not issue the read for the wrong sector?

The patch that I submitted issues the read for the correct sector:
It reads (r->sector - n) instead of r->sector.  I apologize
if my explanation of the patch was confusing on this point.

> I think the correct fix is to move r->sector and r->sector_count
> adjustment into scsi_read_complete() and scsi_write_complete().

This will work as long as you can guarantee that scsi_read_complete()
is called before the recursive call to scsi_read_data().

Regards,
Matteo Frigo