qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: Re: [ANN] Bochs bios ported to gcc

From: Sebastian Herbszt
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: Re: [ANN] Bochs bios ported to gcc
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 22:20:04 +0200

On Sat, Apr 05, 2008 at 03:14:14PM +0200, Sebastian Herbszt wrote:
Thanks for this work. I noticed the "F12" key to choose device to boot from is missing from your bios, compared to the lastest qemu snapshot.
Any plan to include it soon ?

Hrmm.  I don't see the source code for it.  The feature is not in
bochs cvs, and I don't see a patch in the qemu svn.

Any ideas on where the code came from?

bochs cvs, bios/rombios.c -  Revision 1.202
- BIOS boot menu support added (SF patch #1901027 by Sebastian)
http://bochs.cvs.sourceforge.net/bochs/bochs/bios/rombios.c?view=log

Sorry, I somehow missed that.

Sure, I'll port the feature over.

I just took at look at your legacybios and you already ported it.

Sebastian, should the menu be in the boot code instead of the post
code?

It looks ok to split it between your post.c and boot.c. Though it might
be a little misleading to put interactive_bootmenu() in post_menu.c.
Maybe move it to boot_menu.c?

- Sebastian