qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] QEMU refusing to die on FreeBSD host

From: Jake Myers
Subject: [Qemu-devel] QEMU refusing to die on FreeBSD host
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2008 00:55:39 -0400

Hello,

On FreeBSD 7-STABLE, qemu refuses to exit even after the window is closed. It is stuck so badly that even kill -9 fails to stop it. I looked in top to see what it was doing that would cause it to lock so badly:

PID USERNAME    THR PRI NICE   SIZE    RES STATE    TIME   WCPU COMMAND
34859 root          1  -8   20   433M   416M devdrn   9:49  0.00% qemu

I believe the problem is that qemu for some reason refuses to stop trying to use the kqemu device.

I am running the latest qemu (0.9.1). I can provide a backtrace on request (I'm really busy right now with other things, so I didn't have time to attach one).

Regards
Jacob Myers