qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] What is the programming interface of qemu ARM PXA targe

From: andrzej zaborowski
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] What is the programming interface of qemu ARM PXA target?
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 10:02:17 +0200

Hi,

On 10/04/2008, rui zhang <address@hidden> wrote:
>       I am going to write a BSP for RTEMS on QEMU ARM PXA target. I
>  mean "the XScale-based clamshell PDA models ("Spitz", "Akita",
>  "Borzoi" and "Terrier") emulation" mentioned in qemu
>  doc(http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/qemu/qemu-doc.html).
>       So I need the programming interface of this emulation, such as
>  the address for some peripheral and its meaning. Where can I get it?
>       I have got a pdf "INTEL PXA27x Processor Family Developer's
>  Manual" from
> internet(http://nativesystems.inf.ethz.ch/pub/Main/LecturesSystembau/PXA27x_Processor_Family_Developers_Manual.pdf).
>  Is this suitable for the QEMU emulation?

Yes, in a big part this applies to the emulated PXA270 cpu.  As for
some other peripherals (the flash controller and power management
chips) there's no public docs available and the Linux source code is
regarded as documentation.

For the Maxim parts (max1111, max7310) documenation is downloadable at
maxim-ic.com.
For the Texas Instruments parts (ads7846) documenation is downloadable
at ti.com.
For the microdrive and flash memory, the interface is standard and any
microdrive or flash with similar specs will do.

I highly suggest that you use also a real PXA board for testing, not
the emulator only.
Cheers
--
Please do not print this email unless absolutely necessary. Spread
environmental awareness.