qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] tcg_target_prologue()

From: Stuart Brady
Subject: [Qemu-devel] tcg_target_prologue()
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 01:57:22 +0100

Hi,

I recently tried using the C version of the TB call in cpu-exec.c,
"T0 = gen_func();", with HPPA host support.  However, I must then save
the link register, or else it would be overwritten... but if I use
tcg_target_prologue(), I find that goto_tb sometimes jumps to the
prologue, but it sometimes jumps past the prologue, instead!

I've fixed the bug[1] that caused me to investigate this, so for the
time being, I'll continue calling TBs from inline assembly code, but it
might be nice to spare others the pain of trying tcg_target_prologue()
and failing.  Any thoughts?

Cheers,
--
Stuart Brady

[1] Apparently, frame pointer registers are best marked 'reserved'.
    Oops.