qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] linux-user ALSA partial support

From: Javier Serrano Polo
Subject: [Qemu-devel] linux-user ALSA partial support
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 22:57:31 +0200

Dear qemu developers,

I've been working with linux-user mode a little. I've added partial ALSA
support through ioctls. The sucessful tests on an i386 host are:
      * aplay -l (qemu-i386, qemu-ppc, qemu-i386 on qemu-i386)
      * aplay test.wav (ditto)
      * zsnes (qemu-i386)
I think there were other attempts to implement this, thus I don't know
if mine would be of your interest.

While developing I fixed some issues maybe already reported: IPC, ioctl,
memory alignment... Regarding the last one, I'm working with Debian, so
that may be specific to it.

I've already found out what I wanted to know about qemu. If someone
wants to take it over, I'll send the patch. I'll be glad to answer some
questions about it.

Bye.