qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU 0.9.1 CPU halting with Windows 2000 Pro guest

From: Naram Qashat
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU 0.9.1 CPU halting with Windows 2000 Pro guest
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 14:50:09 -0400

Naram Qashat wrote:
Mulyadi Santosa wrote:
Hi...

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 8:04 AM, Naram Qashat <address@hidden> wrote:
I looked through the archives for the last week or so and I can't seem to find the thread in question. Could you either point me to the thread or sum
it up for me?

hm...try :
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2008-04/msg00101.html

Ah, I did see that one, but it's not the same issue I'm running in to. I am able to exit QEMU just fine without the process hanging. It's just that it halts the actual emulated CPU and I can't see a reason why. When I was running FreeBSD 6.3, I was running a UP kernel, and with FreeBSD 7.0, I'm running an SMP kernel, but the issue was the same with both versions. I don't recall if it used to happen before, but I believe it may have started with QEMU 0.9.0, but don't quote me on that, I may be wrong.

regards,

Mulyadi.

Thanks,
Naram Qashat

I narrows down the problem to be related to the use of kqemu. Based on a suggestion from the maintainer of the FrreBSD port of QEMU, turning off kqemu support did stop QEMU from locking up like it was, although it obviously has the side-effect of making the emulation run a lot slower. I can deal with that for now, but I suppose this just means that it's a kqemu problem and not a QEMU problem.

Thanks,
Naram Qashat