qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: [4215] Nokia N800 machine support (ARM).

From: andrzej zaborowski
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: [4215] Nokia N800 machine support (ARM).
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 23:58:53 +0200

On 15/04/2008, John R. Hogerhuis <address@hidden> wrote:
> Any idea how close the N800 is to the 770?

The CPU is different (omap1710 I think?) and various peripherals,
fortunately some work has been on it earlier (see
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2007-09/msg00035.html).
Still it's not a trivial amount of work to add 770 now I think.

>  The 770's are cheaper, (so) I have one. It would be nice to be able to
>  experiment in QEMU with new software loads.

A 770 maemo rootfs may be bootable on the n800 if the initfs/kernel
are from an n800, but I'm not sure.

Regards
--
Please do not print this email unless absolutely necessary. Spread
environmental awareness.