qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: [4215] Nokia N800 machine support (ARM).

From: Anderson Lizardo
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: [4215] Nokia N800 machine support (ARM).
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 23:43:31 -0400

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 7:03 PM, andrzej zaborowski <address@hidden> wrote:
>  The firmware kernel is very quiet, so if it's unable to mount the
>  initfs, it'll hang at the blank screen.  A kernel built from sources
>  will dump logs on the third serial port.  To boot Linux you'll need to
>  provide the kernel and a flash image with at least two of the five
>  partitions present on it.  The flash is supplied with "-mtdblock
>  filename" and the file should be of 276824064 bytes (256 MB of data +
>  OOB data at the end).  You'll need to have the initfs and the rootfs
>  present in this image, and for Maemo also the "config" partition (not
>  my fault). Poky (pokylinux.org) boots fine with just the stock initfs
>  + Poky rootfs.

A nice feature would be to allow the host to communicate with nolo
running inside qemu (e.g. through a TCP server or something), then
modify the free 0xFFFF flasher (http://nopcode.org/0xFFFF/) to be able
to communicate with this server. In practice, this would allow to
"flash" the emulated device like we do for the real hardware.

Is that feasible?

Regards,
--
Anderson Lizardo