qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] FreeRTOS Cortex M3 demo fails when doing context-switch

From: stian
Subject: [Qemu-devel] FreeRTOS Cortex M3 demo fails when doing context-switch
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 20:16:34 +0200 (CEST)

I redid a patch that I tried to submit here on the mailinglist earlier
(prev. version of patch-set was agains the cvs tree).

When FreeRTOS wants to do a context switch, it does so by playing with the
stack pointer, and when creating a new thread, this fails on qemu. qemu
uses even addresses internally, while the cpu that it emulates uses odd
number. So this goes where wrong when the image to want to run replaces
the stack with the PC it expects to return to.

Patch provided has the correct behaviour (I believe). It atleast works
with the FreeRTOS Cortex M3 image.

Stian Skjelstad